Tuesday, February 17, 2009

AT LAST...


At last, my love has come along,
My lonely days are over,
And life is like a song,
Ohhh at last
The stars above are blue
My heart was wrapped up in clover,
The night I looked at you
I found a dream that I could speak to,
A dream that I, can call my own,
I found a thrill, to press my cheek to
A thrill that I, have never known,
Ohhh you smile, you smile
And then the spell was cast
And here we are in heaven, for you are mine, at last!

After 349 days, my soldier is finally in my arms. in the same room. in the same country. on the same CONTINENT. and I can call HIM.

It seems surreal at times...to see him and know he's here, and realize that he is home for good. I still see soldiers and tear up, or hear a song that reminds me of a lonely day..it keeps me praying for all those loved ones whose soldiers are still across seas being heroes with every webcam session and 5 minute phone call.

* * * *

I saw him for the first time since his leave in June on December **th when his unit stopped at the *** International Airport on their way to demobilization. For a bliss hour and a half, I was able to stare into those gorgeous eyes and actually hold his hand! That morning was a little crazy...I couldn't sleep a wink the night before, and at 2 am they changed the arrival time of his flight to 6 am! Running on about 2 hours of sleep I got to the airport with a belly full of butterflies and waited for 3 hours until he finally arrived (at the original time...) There were so many emotions that day; so many families- army wives, children, newborn babies who had yet to meet their mommy or daddy. It is strange, yet entirely understood, to stand in a room full of strangers and feel completely connected and unified through empathy. It was so wonderful to see my soldier and hold him and tell him that I loved him face to face. I left knowing that it would be the last goodbye before I would welcome him home for good!

Finally. all mine.

so this is love...

I have no idea what he was in the middle of saying, but I was adoring him. : )

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails