Monday, May 3, 2010

MilSpouse Blog Carnival- Day 3!!!

It's Day 3!!! Check it out here.
Top 10 List of what’s great about being a military wife
Here goes nothing...(and in no particular order of importance)
1. Honor - I feel my heart swell with pride each time I hear our national anthem or see our soldiers stand in formation. Serving my country beside my husband gives me great joy and honor as we stand for something worth fighting for.
2. Family- I never thought strangers could bond so quickly or support so fiercely. I love being part of a close-knit community who knows and understands. It is such a blessing to have a large extention of family and friends.
3. My man in ACU's and Dogtags! - because we all know there's just *something* about a man in uniform. mmmm hmmm.
4. Discounts- well who doesn't love a bargain deal? And hey, if they are offering- I'll take it! I think it's wonderful that some companies and individuals do their part and support the armed forces in a way they are able. Using a discount is thanking them for that support!
5. Bumper Stickers- I love my Army Wife tag! Pink and camo (well- ACU digital print) all the way!
6. Military "speak"- Acronyms are such a normal part of our everyday conversations, I forget the rest of the world has no idea what I'm saying! Just yesterday I had to explain O'dark thirty and TDY to someone...
7. Benefits- another wonderful blessing God has provided. Health care is such a help!
8. Letter and Presents from far-away places!- it's always fun to get presents in the mail, but it's just plain neat to get foreign ones! Pictures of places you can't pronounce, coins, medals, teddy bears, jewelry etc. oooo- Irish and German dark chocolate = YUMMO.
9. Deployment- now before you misunderstand- I do NOT enjoy having my husband 5000 miles away, sleeping in a ginormous bed alone, or never being able to call HIM. However, isn't it awesome how God uses separation to grow your faith and allow beautiful moments where you are solely dependant upon Him alone?
10. HOMECOMING-so I hate the saying "Absence makes the heart grow fonder", but it's true!! And on that glorious day when your soldier steps off the plane and into your arms, that feeling is just one of a kind. Home takes a whole new meaning.
Of course there are a billion reasons why I love being an Army Wife,
but most of all I love being My Soldier's wife.


6 comments:

Jessica said...

Great list!

thank you for sharing and I hope you have a great day!

Pattie said...

Great list!

Mateya said...

I so agree with you on the fact that although I do NOT like deployments, it's amazing to see how God works through your relationship to make you stronger in your faith and your relationship!

Homecomings are amazing too...that feeling is one that is undescribable unless you have felt it too!

Becky said...

I found your blog through a comment you left on another blog...seems to be how I'm find a lot of blogs lately. lol. I love your post...it sums up how I feel in so many ways. You can check me out on my own blog. :)

Whitney @ EHFAR said...

That list was beautiful :)

Kathryn said...

What a great list! Thanks for sharing! :)

Related Posts with Thumbnails